UX Web Design + SEO
Locally, despite the evolving digital behaviors of the market, many businesses continue to remain practically invisible online.
Other than the common dilemma of not having a website at all, “being invisible online” occurs also because websites are not easily ‘findable’ by web search algorithms and/or users face long download times (i.e. greater than 3 seconds) which diverts engagement away from the site – rendering the website’s impact minimal, if not counter-productive.
A strategic investment in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for a website will improve its organic search rankings (i.e. improve ‘findability’) and drive traffic to the site. At VERGE, we liken it to having a Business Development Manager online!
In this way, SEO addresses a critical step in the customer’s journey long before any direct engagement with your brand occurs.
SEO is the process of optimising your website to get organic traffic from organic search results on search engines. Notably, because the results are organic, your brand credibility is improved from a user’s perspective.
Further, SEO when complimented by UXD, streamlines a user journey and their engagement with your brand.
By taking strategic steps to ensure your website ranks on the first page of google and other search engines, and then providing users a delightful and engaging experience on your website, your brand stands to benefit from this cycle of in-bound marketing. When SEO and UXD are executed strategically, it’s effectively a passive-way to earn your prospective leads.
Local Scenarios: Tourism Sector
- If it currently has a website: Can online users quickly locate your business in Google search using keywords like “best accommodation in Alotau” or “places to stay in Alotau” or even just “Alotau”?
- If the business does not have a website, seek to engage developers that can deliver a UX-oriented website that integrates a professional SEO strategy.
An existing landing page that is cluttered with low-resolution/impact images and excess information needs to be streamlined to:
- a few high-quality/resolution images,
- compelling creative content/stories,
- social media block (platforms you use)
- an improved overall design concept
- include contact information that is current and working